Monday 11 May 2009

Nice couple of hacks.

Vic and I had a lovely hack Sunday. The wind had dropped so off we ventured into the woods,I had to get off and do a few gates one involved lifting a rather broken down wooden gate off its hinges (well what was left of them) so we could get through.
Ali was walking out really well as was Quenza ...which I heard Vic remark on mmmmm lets say a couple of times:0
Today we went for a pootle along the lane. Im pretty sure Ali is bored with the lane as he tried a hand-break-turn as we passed the gate for one of the fields we ride in but I didnt have a lot of time so the lane it was. He then went into go slow mode as a protest as did Q, the fields are much more exciting and fun so they obviously wanted to make their opinions known!
I rode Polo in the school yesterday,just in walk for 10mins. Honestly when I dont ride him for a while I forget how ultra sensitive he is particularly in the school. He forgot nothing and was lovely despite being very chompy chompy on the bit..well he's not been in the school very often and its SCARY.
Oh and Ali had escaped out of the field again yesterday so more tall posts are on order!
Jean ive got them strip grazed obviously Ali *knows* the grass is quite literally greener on the other side of the fence.

4 comments:

Jean said...

And how high will you have to make the fence? Seems to me Ali is starting one not so good habit there.

But the hacking sounds lovely. It's always nice to get out on good horses to just enjoy a cross country ride.

Vic said...

I think Ali and Q were having a snail race- 'Lets see who can walk the slowest shall we??!' They really are like two peas in a pod at times!!

Nicola said...

I have mainly tallk posts but the bit running along the river is fenced with the shorter 3ft3 posts(I think).
Just taken delivery of more tall posts today and a roll of new tape,he was where he was meant to be today at least.
Fed,poo picked and filled waters today as i'd barely slept last night. Little did I know i'd be doing a waking night on top on my usual shift,I'd like to school tomorrow but will have to see how I feel in 17hours:0

Danni said...

Must have been something in the air for field-hopping Iberians!

Hope you have a chilled weekend planned to enjoy them both, and that Polo is feeling well :)